About the Role
The Design Engineer supports the Engineering team in product design, improvement, and manufacturing methods. This position is responsible for the development and evaluation of new processes and involved in making improvements to current process capabilities. The successful candidate will be capable of leading multiple projects from start to finish in fast-paced environment and focus on results-oriented approach. This is an excellent opportunity for candidate interested in combining creativity with engineering expertise. Adheres to Romac Core values.
1. Creative, self-driven individual and detail-oriented while having a passion to improvise current product line and develop innovative product designs.
2. Lead, drive, support and communicate efforts between cross-department through all phases of product development life cycle including creation, prototyping, testing, analysis, to product launch.
3. Coordinate development and design problems with research, engineering, tooling, and manufacturing.
4. Coordinate efforts with outside vendors and sources, utilizing their expertise, resources, and assistance.
5. Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and enhancing processes.
6. Determine and establish specifications and standards through engineering calculations and layouts. Prepare or follow-up on preparation of design drawings.
7. Gathering and analyzing data from prototypes. Follow through on laboratory and field tests and develop new ideas based on results.
8. Assists in designing tooling, fixtures and/or other process improvements projects.
9. Establish and monitor adherence to timelines and schedules.
10. Create Engineering Reports and be able to present the project milestones to management on regular basis.
11. Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives to reduce costs in manufacturing.
12. Perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job, as described in Section E: Working Conditions.
Additional Job Responsibilities
1. Serve as technical resource for sales team and provide custom solutions for specific projects.
2. Supports bills of material, process routings, and Vault Management.
3. Provide support to manufacturing, quality and technical support to customer service.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
2. 3+ years of experience in an engineering role
3. Expertise in machining, casting, forging, and other manufacturing processes.
4. Advanced technical knowledge of machine shop and manufacturing operations
5. Proficiency in CAD and Microsoft Office
6. Initiative and ability to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines
7. Effective verbal and written communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
1. Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
2. Experience with HVAC product design and adequate use of manufacturing standards preferred.
Please email your resume to email@example.com and include the following information in your message;
- position of interest,
- your earliest availability,
- your salary requirements
If you prefer, you may mail your resume, or completed application to:
HAYS FLUID CONTROLS
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 580
Dallas, NC, 28034
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be 18 years old or older. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact Human Resources.