Entry level warehouse labor job. The job typically requires the ability to read shipping documents, or equivalent. Working under close supervision, incumbents load and unload trucks and move materials within the warehouse or production facility. Work includes pulling orders together and assembling them for shipment to customers or distribution centers. Work may include using banding and shrink wrap machines and/or gathering or distributing product or materials within the production area. Packaging is required. Incumbents will typically use a riding forklift. Workers will use bar code readers, computer terminals, or other electronic devices to track product.
1. Operate forklift and order picker within Safety and Code Regulations.
2. Pull orders correctly and place them in proper, appointed locations (truck or UPS).
3. Prepare orders for shipment, including: crating/palletizing orders for truck or box for UPS, weighing and wrapping product properly for truck shipments, packing orders for customer packing list, matching-up packing lists and placing them on the actual orders.
4. Process shipments for small package shipments with FedEx/UPS.
5. Process shipments through customer portals.
6. Print Bills of Ladings for all truck shipments. After routing, load shipments on proper trucks.
7. Ensure internal processes are followed for all Shipping protocols. For example, when packing a prepaid and add order, ensure that the freight cost is added to the invoice.
8. Determine the most cost-effective way to ship each order.
9. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe area to perform work-related duties.
10. Perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work in production assembly departments as needed.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. Basic keyboarding and computer skills.
3. Ability to read tape measure.
4. Good written and verbal communications skills.
5. P.I.T. Certification.
6. Forklift certification.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Hays Fluid Controls, Division of Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.