The Test Technician is responsible for testing at all levels of the product life cycle, from pre-launch prototype testing and analysis to final product design testing. Responsible for adequately maintaining equipment used in the testing process and ensuring instrumentation complies to calibration records. Follows procedures for milling, testing, and provides documented results. Responsible for timely scheduling and completion of production work orders on existing products. Improvises and assists in development of consistent product evaluation protocols.
1. Set-up test equipment and products in proper sequence, including wiring, fitting, aligning, and assembly, to obtain proper operation.
2. Conducts testing on existing and new product developments, competitive product benchmarking, and to qualify vendor products.
3. Accurately record data for evaluation by engineers.
4. Able to run prototyping mini-mills and ability to analyze testing results. Maintain the records consistently for accuracy.
5. Note deviations in performance not anticipated or indicated in test procedures.
6. Troubleshoot test unit failures or test equipment failures to determine cause.
7. Create and maintain instrumentation and calibration logs. Review and revise procedures and work instructions, where necessary.
8. Effectively communicate issues and coordinate resolution. Participate in team problem solving.
9. Follow written test procedures and safe work practices.
10. Perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform Quality Assurance Testing and Inspection, when required.
2. Ability to run Engineering/Quality Instrumentation, including but not limited to, Burst, Hydrostatic, Vision System, CMM.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 2+ years of experience in a comparable role.
3. Familiarity with engineering test equipment.
4. General knowledge of handheld measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, scales, etc.).
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
6. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
7. Good organizational skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Hays Fluid Controls, Division of Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.