Territory Sales Representative - SOUTHEAST
The Territory Sales Representative for Hays Fluid Controls is responsible for promoting, demonstrating and selling the benefits of the patented Mesurflo® valve technology. This is a multi-state position that requires significant travel and relationship building with both customers and mechanical contractors. This individual must be genuinely driven to help the customer and be filled with constant curiosity to learn and improve. They must be flexible and adaptive with changes in schedules, meeting types and sales functions.
Covering the states of FL, AL, GA.
1. Travel throughout the assigned region to present Hays product solutions to Manufacturer Representatives and Mechanical Contractors. Educate all parties on value propositions and benefits respective to their market segment.
2. Survey the geographic territory and document an optimal strategy for each market within the region as well as create Account Plans for customers and target customers. Utilize sales data, the CRM system, general industry information and other tools like online plan rooms to strategically find opportunities to expand market share.
3. Use Microsoft Outlook Calendar to plan travel in advance as well as coordinate meetings with all parties involved. Stay aware of potential new tools and resources to aide in productive travel planning and results.
4. Manage Manufacturer Representative firms in each market. Assist manufacturer representatives with training and product presentation meetings. Assist with quotations and order coordination, as well as continued support of Hays products once delivered. Penetrate existing accounts to explore increased sales potential through a wider audience or more varied product applications.
5. Carryout meetings directly with Mechanical Contractors, to present Hays value propositions and the short term/long term benefits. Primary intent would be to gain specifications of products or coordination of sales through local manufacturer representative firms.
6. Continuously utilize the CRM system to manage customer relationships and follow up on existing opportunities. Input data regarding meetings and gathered information, while creating new accounts, contacts, leads, and opportunities.
7. Through discussions with Manufacturer Representatives, obtain competitive information and product opportunities not currently served by Hays. Report findings to Hays Management and enter data into the CRM system.
8. Attend and provide coverage to major national and regional trade shows. Enter Lead information into the CRM system. Use leads to help plan for future travel that will help closure of potential opportunities created from the leads.
9. Analyze existing sales data and upcoming project sales to provide information for yearly budgeting/forecasting. Strive to meet and exceed the agreed upon annual sales goal. Throughout the year provide updates on where the territory stands on meeting budget expectations.
10. Help coordinate information with the Hays Quality Department on issues requiring product replacement and/or claims.
11. Perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job, as described in Section E: Working Conditions.
1. Occasional trips to the Hays Fluid Controls facility in Dallas, NC for training and meetings as required.
2. Learn all aspects of HVAC product line, general applications and related systems knowledge. Understand material at a detailed level in order to answer questions about Hays products and to provide a unique solution that ties customer need to final sale.
3. Be the leader in communication and collaboration with Hays Quality, Production, Inside Sales and Engineering Teams to track key account issues and resolution and provide direction to the team to align all parties to deliver a consistent message.
4. Learn how to use the Hays demo unit to explain product operation. Use available online tools to demonstrate and explain product use and benefits.
5. Stay current of changes with key contacts and decision makers in the account base and enhance relationships with senior level people. Update CRM system with information gathered.
6. Acquire the necessary detailed information on accounts to create an up to date Account Plan.
7. Foster strong relationships between customers and Hays at all levels.
8. Maintain a good Department of Motor Vehicle driving record.
9. Store and protect sample materials.
1. 2 yr. Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. 3+ years of experience in a regional sales role.
3. Ability to travel extensively, mainly by car but this role will also include flights to further locations (approximately 30% of the time).
4. Ability to make independent decisions on customer requests for literature, sales samples, etc., with very little supervisory oversight.
5. Strong technical/mechanical aptitude.
6. Superior problem solving, organization and planning skills required.
7. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and professional presence.
8. Accountable and results oriented.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
10. High-energy, driven, self-motivated with a commitment to excellence.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. 4-year degree with knowledge of mechanical components.
2. Minimum 2 years previous experience managing key accounts using effective sales skills to influence people at multiple levels including, manufacturer representatives, engineering firms, customers and end users.
1. Extensive overnight travel, with flights, are involved: 75% of the time.
2. 75% with Reps.
3. 25% with Mechanical Contractors.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Hays Fluid Controls, Division of Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.