inside technical sales representative
Diversified mechanical assembly or sub-assembly of units that are moderately complex, requiring adjusting, fitting, and aligning to ordinary tolerances. Requires basic math skills as well as the ability to use common hand tools and operate assembly machines. Works from drawings or specifications and may require print reading. May inspect and test completed units. May rotate stations in a work cell. Performs diversified machine or process operations that are moderately complex, requiring adjusting or aligning to produce a desired outcome. Work involves frequent handling of diverse components and may include walking or standing most of the time.
1. Quotes Hays products with pricing, material specifications, and engineered drawings.
2. Responds in a timely manner to all customer inquiries and helps determine products required for customers’ specific needs.
3. Responds to customer inquiries regarding status of orders, product selection, placement of orders, complaints (including returns), shortages and adjustments, and expediting.
4. Provides support and assistance to assigned Regional Sales Manager(s).
5. Coordinates with Regional Sales Manager(s) to determine and/or clarify project requirements, pricing, and strategies.
6. Interfaces with other individuals and departments in the organization to obtain support and commitment for bids.
7. Reports any negative or positive feedback from customers about Hays pricing, products, and/or procedures and refers unresolved customer grievances to Inside Sales Manager or designated departments for further investigation.
8. Maintains product knowledge and familiarity with products, literature and catalogs.
9. Provides troubleshooting through verbal and written communication from customers and field personnel concerning products, applications and services and apply judgment in resolving service, warranty, or technical problems falling within established policies and knowledge.
10. Establishes and maintains proactive and positive rapport with customers.
11. Assists with obtaining competitive information and opportunities not currently served by Hays and report to Inside Sales Manager.
12. Identify needs and make recommendations regarding revisions to policies and procedures.
1. Ability to deliver superior customer service and develop and maintain strong working relationships primarily through telephone correspondence or emails.
2. Experience in a customer service and/or quotations position.
3. Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
4. Strong technical aptitude as it relates to the basic understanding of mechanical equipment.
5. Great attention to detail.
6. Effective verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong interpersonal skills.
8. Able to work effectively in a deadline-intensive environment.
9. Strong problem-solving skills.
10. Good organizational skills.
11. Proficient in Oracle applications or similar ERP.
12. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
13. High level of integrity and trustworthiness.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Hays Fluid Controls, Division of Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.