DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
This position will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for development of processes that maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity. Responsible for driving continuous improvement throughout the machine shop, production and warehouse including process improvements, machine optimization and space optimization. Develops and manages capital budgets, organizational policies and practices, short- and log-range plans, and operating goals and metrics. Works with executive-level management to meet organizational objectives for all operations activities. Directs the appropriate staffing of all operating departments. Ensures the Romac Core Values are adhered throughout operations.
1. Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations for all production, maintenance and shipping.
2. Increases production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
3. Responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
4. Identifies and targets areas in which the business can improve operation. Analyze data to look at trends and find problems.
5. Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
6. Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives to reduce costs in manufacturing.
7. Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
8. Optimize business workflows for all production, maintenance and warehouse.
9. Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
10. Monitor employee production and satisfaction.
11. Assessing and analyzing departmental budgets to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profits.
12. Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and short- and long-term operational plans.
13. Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
14. Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff.
15. Commit to plant safety procedures.
16. Address employees’ issues or grievances in a timely and professional manner according to company policy.
17. Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
18. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for all Lean Manufacturing projects development, delivery, and ROI.
2. Experience with Maximo or other CMMS software.
1. Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 10+ years senior leadership role in manufacturing.
3. 8+ years of experience in a management role, including managing frontline managers/supervisors.
4. 5+ years of experience in materials management.
5. Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM).
6. Working knowledge of manufacturing ERP systems.
7. Working knowledge of the principles of materials management.
8. Working knowledge of the principles of budgeting.
9. Thorough knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management.
10. Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
11. Results driven and ability to communicate.
12. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
13. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
14. Basic understanding of the principles of standard cost accounting.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Theory of Constraints knowledge/training
2. Lean Manufacturing knowledge/training
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Hays Fluid Controls, Division of Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.