First of three levels of Assembler. Diversified mechanical assembly or sub-assembly of units that are moderately complex, requiring adjusting, fitting, and aligning to ordinary tolerances. Requires basic math skills as well as the ability to use common hand tools. May inspect and test completed units. May rotate stations in a work cell. Work involves frequent handling of diverse components and may include walking or standing most of the time.
1. Read and decipher part numbers.
2. Follow work instructions, established quality standards, and established safety protocols.
3. Pull materials for assembly and put materials away.
4. Meet defined production expectations and be on-time to schedule.
5. Read and recognize assembly parts and their subcomponents by size for application of assembly.
6. Package and label product and perform computer transactions.
7. Load and unload ovens and paint lines.
8. Perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Alert Lead or Supervisor to material shortages, quality, or safety issues.
2. Participate in physical inventories.
3. Replenish parts bins.
4. Participate in process improvement events, as directed.
5. Assist with other functions within the department, as directed.
6. Assist other departments with various duties and projects, as directed.
7. Keep work area clean and organized.
1. High School graduate level reading, communication and math skills and less than 1 year of experience or equivalent.
2. Basic keyboarding and computer skills
3. Good written and verbal communications skills
4. Ability to use label printer to print labels
5. Ability to multitask
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Hays Fluid Controls, Division of Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.